The Rough Ashlar

Thoughts from a Traveling Man

The Rough Ashlar - Thoughts from a Traveling Man

Group portrait of Freemasons of Anglo-Saxon Lodge

I found this photo at The Library of Congress. I can’t quite figure out what ceremony all these costumes would be used for together. Any ideas? The Master Mason degree is the obvious answer but I see too many people for that. The other obvious choice would be the Royal Arch degree but that does not work either. Maybe they pulled out all the costumes they had and showed them all off. What do you think?

Anglo-Saxon Lodge

Category: Photos, Potpourri
  • TheMFBatman says:

    Scottish Rite or MM Degree in another jurisdiction.

    March 10, 2014 at 12:18 pm
    • Carl says:

      Thanks Chrizzy Chriz. I could not reconcile the numbers of similar costumes to make it work for a MM degree but I certainly do not know how things are done everywhere. Scottish Rite – I could see that. Maybe I need to go to the next reunion and refresh myself. I still have the SR pin you gave me when I got my degrees – one of my Masonic treasures!

      March 10, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


%d bloggers like this: