The Rough Ashlar

Thoughts from a Traveling Man

The Rough Ashlar - Thoughts from a Traveling Man

Prince Hall Scottish Rite Recognized by SJ and NJ

Masonic Regalia for Red Tower RegaliaAt the recent session of the Supreme Council Southern Jurisdiction, Sovereign Grand Commander Ill. Ronald Seale, 33°, announced that the Southern Jurisdiction would recognize the Prince Hall Scottish Rite. At the announcement of the step, the SGC for the Northern Jurisdiction jumped on the bandwagon, agreeing to do the same.

The bottom line is that Masonry just got better. The invisible lines that separate Prince Hall Masonry from what many call “mainstream” Masonry are slowly getting erased. Now all we need is a better term than “mainstream” or “traditional” to describe what has traditionally been white Masonry. I guess we will get there. For now, I will be happy with this development.

This has actually motivated me to consider rejoining the Scottish Rite. This is a huge development and worthy of support.

• Jesse says:

=)

September 9, 2013 at 10:55 am
  • H. Robert Wilson says:

This is pleasant news. It has been a while coming, but the leadership have done their job.

December 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm
  • H. Robert Wilson says:

“the leadership has done its job.”

December 4, 2013 at 5:45 pm
  • Bro. Baker says:

I say No to this . It may look like something good but be truthful it is not. We as PHA are told about clandestine mason so now you have them in your house what does this make you.

October 5, 2014 at 9:57 pm
    • Carl says:

Bro. Baker, I understand your dilemma. I think this is a step in the right direction and am guessing that it is really only applicable where the grand lodges are in amity, like here in Virginia. Just a guess though.

November 9, 2014 at 4:57 pm
      • Bro. Baker says:

I would like to think so i am of a military Lodge (P.H.A.) and still active duty it is hard for me when I travel across the U.S. because i am not recogize by mainstream Brothers due to my state of Illinos . How can I meet you in a higher house if i can’t meet you on the square THE TRUE BEGINNING. How about this if all Grand lodges P.H.A. & MAINSTREAN would recognize each othe first. Me being of Illinos I am only recognize by 6 other state. Remember blue house has the last word.

November 13, 2014 at 2:21 pm
  • Bijan sharifi says:

I am a ph mason. I have heard some ph brothers refer to george washington masonry instead of using the term “mainstream”.

May 2, 2016 at 12:31 am
    • Carl says:

That is definitely a much better term. Thanks for commenting, Brother!

May 2, 2016 at 5:55 am